My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States
desk name plate
Visit SparkPeople

Sunday, January 01, 2006

A New Beginning

I don't normally make New Year's resolutions, but this year is different. I don't know why I feel I need to make some changes, but I decided now is the time to start. With that being said, I have decided to make three, yes I said three, resolutions this year. The only problem is that I believe that all resolutions, or goals, should be measurable. So, that cuts the list down to two. Not to mention that the resolution I'm dropping is not one I would be able to keep. I'm smart enough to know that I can't change certain things. It is in my nature to "vent", or complain. My complaints are usually valid. At least I think so. So...here they are:

1. Lose weight.
I'm not talking about 5 or 10 pounds. I'm talking about a much larger number. I'd like to drop between 50 and 60 pounds. To help me do this I've found this website.
http://www.nutridiary.com/ .I plan on using this faithfully, everyday. Also, the place where I work has an eight week team weight loss competition every January. This year it starts on January 9th. I have a team put together and I'm ready to go.

2. Be a better home maker. Don't get me wrong. My house is not dirty....just lived in. I have a fourteen year old daughter who is a little lax in cleaning up after herself. I have to say that my husband is wonderful about helping out around the house. He picks up, does dishes and laundry, and even runs the vacuum cleaner. How many wives can say that. It's just that after working all day, the last thing I want to do is clean and/or cook. My husband is always complaning that I don't cook enough either. So, I'm going to spend more time with the household duties and plan on cooking him dinner three to four nights a week. Since our oldest son and my new daughter-in-law will be staying with us for about a month starting next Saturday, I should be able to get in the swing of cooking and cleaning more without too much struggle. (They've only been married for three week, so I'm still trying to make a good impression. She'll learn what the family is really like soon enough.

I'm not off to the greatest start on the resolutions. I had planned on giving the house a good cleaning and cooking my husband a fabulous meal. Instead, I've managed to pick up the living room and do the dishes. As far as the fabulous meal? Well, perhaps tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home