My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States
desk name plate
Visit SparkPeople

Monday, March 06, 2006

What to do...what to do!

Well, I've been offered another job. I don't know what to do. It is only about $10,000 more a year, but instead of a 20 mile drive (one way), I'd have about a 90 mile drive. I'd get out of the stressful situation I'm in, but I hate to change jobs. Although, I already know the person I would be working for, so I wouldn't have to prove myself. I'd also get to work from home one day a week. My husband doesn't want me to take the job, and I want to take it. But, I'm scared that in 6 months I'll be so sick of the drive that I would regret taking the job. I just don't know what to do. I wish I had a crystal ball that would allow me to look into the future and see what the correct choice is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

Lets see... You are as high as you can get in your current position, so if you stay then 8 years from now you will still have the same job. The drive is less, however working from home would more than make up for that. 10,000 is nice, however gas and car maint would make it more like 4,000. The big thing is that you want it. If you take it and 6 months from now you don't like it you will be more likly to look for another job and take it than you would be in you stay where you are now. Your husband doesn't have to work where you are, you do. Is there on call where you would be going? What city is it in? I would like to think that I would go if I were you, however I know that I would have stayed where you are now forever if I hadn't moved.
- Crystal : )

3/07/2006 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home