My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States
desk name plate
Visit SparkPeople

Saturday, March 18, 2006

I thought he was joking!

I went to an estate auction today. This is something my husband and I enjoy doing together. We have found some really great bargains. Today I bought a Kimball piano. It was beautiful, and a steal at $160.00. My husband and a couple of his friends took a trailer back to the auction house to pick it up. When I got the call from my husband that they had lost the piano in the middle of the highway, I really thought he was joking. Until about 20 minutes later when they pulled into the drive. That's when I saw the pile of rubble on the trailer. It seems like one of those scenes in a movie. I've seen this happen on tv, I just never thought it would happen to us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

That is horrible (and a bit funny). Hope the rest of your weekend was better.

3/19/2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger AlterEgo said...

Yes, now I can laugh at it. I asked Mike if the sound it made resembeld Patsy Cline's "I Fall To Pieces" when it fell. He didn't find it very funny.

3/20/2006 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home