My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States
desk name plate
Visit SparkPeople

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm surviving, I think!

Let me start off by saying that watching one of your children go off to prison is one of the worst experiences a parent can have. It is so scary. All I know about prison is what I've seen on tv, and that doesn't portray a very inviting environment. I was so scared for him. I cried for days and had to take several days off work. It was a horrible, helpless feeling. I have received two letters from him since he left. He sounds very upbeat and positive, and sounds like he is finally getting his head on straight. I think this may have been what he needed, although it pains me terribly to say this.

We did get some good news. My daughter, Danni, has been selected to be a student ambassador, and will be traveling to China next summer. She is so excited. I'm not sure that I like the idea of her being on another continent, but this is an opportunity I can't deny her. This is an experience she will never forget. You can see what she will be doing at http://www.studentambassadors.org/students-programs-details-kh.asp . It's a 17 day adventure of a lifetime.

My job still sucks. I'm busting my ass, and I still haven't got my promotion or even a raise. I'm sick of it. The worst part is that I love the new stuff i'm doing. But at the same time I'm so fed up with the situation I can't stand it. I don't know whether to march into my boss's office and tell her that she has two weeks to get me my raise or that i'm going back to doing what I was doing, or just keep my mouth shut and see how this plays out. But I've been waiting since May. It pisses me off that there are people doing half the work, if that, that are making substantially more than me. I'm sick of it. Some days I just want to walk out and never go back. And the weasel hater is getting on my nerves big time. Miss analyst supreme is sooooo busy that she can't do anything that needs to be done. I'm sick of her. She has plenty of time to walk with her PC Support loverboy. My god! Someone needs to tell them to get a room!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home