My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States
desk name plate
Visit SparkPeople

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Life is like a box of chocolates....Laced with X-lax

It's been quite a while since I posted anything. Things are crazy all around me. I don't even know where to start.

My son seems to be doing okay. We get letters from him about once a week, and they sound very promising, but I'm still skeptical. It tears me up everything I read one. He talks about how he is going to straighten his life up, but I'm scared he is just writing what he wants us to hear. They still haven't moved him from the reception center, so I haven't been able to see or talk to him yet. Hopefully soon. I keep thinking about how hard Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to be this year. I guess I will survive it. What choice do I have.

My husband has bribed my daughter not to go to China next summer. I'm so disappointed. I really wanted her to go. He told her that she could take the money and go to China, or take the money and buy a car. Guess what she decided? And she already had a car. We were going to have my old Jeep painted and she was going to drive it. Not now! So, we sold the Jeep, and she is diligently searching for a convertible sports car in her price range. I hope she doesn't regret turning this opportunity down.

Work sucks! They announced Friday that they are shuffling us all around. And they changed a few people's job titles. We are now going to have a tiered helpdesk system. That means that four people will answer the calls and help the people they can right then. If they can't they will send the call onto the next tier for help. I think it's a great idea, but I feel so sorry for my friend Angie. She started out running the helpdesk like that five years ago. She worked her way to educator, and does all the ordering and inventory. But now they are telling her she is back on the helpdesk. She feels like she has been demoted, and I don't blame her. I would be pissed off too! And the raise I was supposed to get? It still hasn't come. I'm getting very impatient, and angrier by the day. I look around at the people who sit on their asses and do half the work I do and get even more pissed off because they make more than me! I don't know why they don't pay us by performance. Maybe then some people would step up and do some work. And the analyst supreme is really pissing me off! I'm sick of her little digs and comments. When she was suppose to train me to work the SIEV, she didn't have time and I just had to figure it out, but now she has hours to spend with Steve showing him how to do it. If those two haven't slept together I'd be amazed. Even if their affair isn't physical, it is emotional, and an emotional affair can tear up a marriage just as quickly as a physical one. I'm suppose to feel sorry for Mary B. Because they put her on the helpdesk too, but I don't. Give me a break. All she does anyway is send personal email and test messages and spend half the day on personal phone calls. She's loud and obnoxious and acts like a child. If Angie and I are out of the department at the same time she thinks we've ditched her and gone on break or to lunch without her. It's worse than dealing with my kids. And she thinks she has all this knowledge about computers, and truthfully, she doesn't know a quarter of what she thinks she does. And now I'll have to listen to her for weeks because of this helpdesk thing. I just want to tell her to GROW UP!!!!!

I better change the subject before I get and more angry. I've started a new business. I think it's taking off. I take old photos and videos and make really cool DVD's with music tracks, etc.. I'm doing the Marshall High School Senior Football video now. And I've picked up the fire chiefs retirement too. We'll have to see where this goes.

Well, that's all for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

The DVD with music thing is HUGE in southern indiana. They have it at funerals and weddings... major birthday parties... And they are expensive. I think we paid $150 for the first one and $15 for copies. If they go over 40 pictures it was a dollor extra for each added picture.

The other work thing sucks. My guess is you are never going to give more money... That is unless you wait 5 more years. They are going to keep on using you as much as you let them.

10/28/2006 7:14 AM  
Blogger AlterEgo said...

Great to know you're still alive Kristna. I love doing the DVD thing. And it's really starting to take off. Maybe I can ditch the daytime job and get rich doing DVDs.

10/28/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger No Hassle Loans said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/15/2006 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unlimited Earnings Potential - http://1greatfuture.com

Our company is rapidly growing and offers you an extraordinary income helping others succeed. The primary requirement is to follow up on client inquiries and point them in the right direction. It is stress free, rewarding and straightforward work.

For complete details: http://1greatfuture.com


(Please feel free to delete this post if you don't want it on your blog. Thanks for the informative blog and opportunity to post.)

2/01/2007 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home